Two slicers inspired my post today. One wrote about how certain foods conjured up fond childhood memories and another used a list as her slice format. My slice today is influenced by both:
- Dove soap = memories of spending countless weekends at my best friend’s houses in the 70’s
- Infinity perfume = my mom who passed away too young at age 67 from stomach cancer
- Leather and Old Spice aftershave = visits to my beloved grandfather and our chats in his office
- Hermit cookies = deelish! A baker’s truck would come by our house in my early youth and deliver them. They were soft, and chewy bursting with clove, cinnamon, and nutmeg flavor accented with plump raisins.
- Frosted Orange Revlon lipstick toned down with white lipstick = believe it or not it looked great on my mom
- Mac and Cheese = made with a roux, of course. Oh, the aroma from the oven, always topped with bread crumbs and melted butter! I loved to eat it cold the next day and scoop it out with a spoon so the macaroni would end up in a perfect curve in my bowl.
- The smell of cedar = my parents built a cedar closet in our old house to avoid moth-eaten items of clothing
- Certain cars = My dad always had leather interiors that smelled better with time. Now I have one and I feel like my dad’s in the passenger seat every morning 🙂